Sunday, August 3, 2008

Eastern Market Hat Lady

I'm so mad at myself that I really haven't taken advantage of Eastern Market this summer like I did last summer. I used to get all my produce from there (mmmm heirloom tomatoes), and I was always trying some new gourmet sausage from one of the meaty, delicious vendors (chicken, red wine, garlic, and spinach.... mmmm so good). This summer I have been sadly neglectful of all the good stuff at Eastern Market, and when I stopped by with my friend Steph last weekend, I realized that there was a lot more than fabulous food I was missing out on...


Hats! Fabulous hats! This woman had hats in every color. I wanted one so badly, but they were handmade somewhere in the Caribbean. So she was charging $45 a pop. Not that$45 is ridiculous amount of money, but I'll pass for the moment. Because after I spend $45 on a fabulous hat, I'm going to need to shell out more money doing something fabulous that justifies playing around in a fabulous hat. Maybe after my sugar daddy comes along and wants to take me to polo matches and high teas, I'll splurge. So if there are any polo-match-attending-high-tea-drinking sugar daddies out there reading, give me a call and you could potentially have this hat topped lady on your arm for such events!


Also there was a cute little purse stand too. I'd seen it a million times, but never really stopped before. Steph wanted to pick up something. So I poked around while she was looking at the clutches and found a great one of my own for only $10! The stand looks a bit yuppy from the outset, but I swear they have some great (and not obnoxiously pink plaidy) prints. Now to get a ridiculous, matching hat...

No comments: