Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Pie Hole of Little Tokyo


Image from The Daily Cupcake.

Did you ever watch Pushing Daisies? Probably not. I must have been one of 5 people in America who watched that show before the writers' strike and bad audience numbers killed it. It was so great, though: whimsical, well-acted, and full of pies! Actually, that's why I mentioned it. The main character has a shop called The Pie Hole, which looks kitschy yet delicious in the show, and I always kind of wished it was real. And then, a few months ago, it became real! A pie shop called The Pie Hole popped up across the street from Wurstkuche in Little Tokyo/the Arts District. The real Pie Hole went a different way with their decor (minimal with gorgeous wooden tables), but they stayed true to the idea of an almost-all-pie-menu. That includes savory pies too, in case you are not big on sweets. The flavors are based on what's in season and change every few weeks, so there is no chance of getting bored. I had the Mexican chocolate pie and a cup of coffee and was in heaven. Unfortunately for Starbucks and Coffee Bar, I think Pie Hole has become my preferred place to study (if I ever did that anymore). Now if they started screening old episodes of Pushing Daisies, I might just move in.


The Pie Hole
714 Traction Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90013

1 comment:

Ryan said...

OMG a pie shop and a reference to Pushing Daisies in 1 post! This is why your blog is awesome!