Monday, January 17, 2011

Longwood Gardens

I already gave you a small preview of Longwood Gardens via the Christmas wreaths post, but there is so so so much more! I tried to capture it in the million some pictures below, but I didn't even come close (if you can believe it). If you ever find yourself near Kennett Square around the holidays, I recommend doing whatever it takes to get over to Longwood. It's completely magical.

The pictures below are from the children's garden which is part of the new wing Longwood added. The pictures of the grand room above with the enormous tree are also part of that wing.

Below are shots from the original main hall.

These trees are decorated with ornaments created by local school children.

Moving on: the citrus and rose rooms.

I'm not sure what this room was? The tree looks like it has coral growing out of it!

Finally, the cactus room. That's my mom, taking in the sights.

Longwood has another great upgrade in addition to that beautiful new wing - a pop-up snack stand with mulled wine! It made the experience all the better that I could walk around while sipping a cup of spiced wine.

No comments: