Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A Night Out in the West Village

I met friends for dinner at Quinto Quarto on my first night in New York. It was a fantastic pick (thanks Jamie!) because the prices of both food and wine were very reasonable considering how delicious and authentic they were. Plus the setting was so intimate. There were more candles than there were tables! I highly recommend making reservations.

After dinner, I went to what may be the tiniest wine bar ever right around the corner with one of my dinner companions. It was not as reasonably priced, but I had one of my favorite glasses of wine ever there. The bar was also memorable because the bathroom in this bar is behind a hidden door! It was so fun to explore that block. I can't wait to come back and see what I find next.

(The memorable glass of Gamay.)

No comments: