Thursday, June 10, 2010

Beach Bonfires at Dockweiler

A little while back, a friend from school had her birthday at Dockweiler Beach down by Marina Del Ray. I had never been all the way down there. From the downtown area it is quite a hike, but it was worth it. The atmosphere of being on the beach, around a bonfire, roasting marshmallows, and listening to the waves in and of itself is great. But at Dockweiler, there are dozens of bonfires. Each with its own party of friends surrounding it. The feeling of relaxed happiness among everyone is almost tangible. If I were ever to use the word "chill" to describe something, this would be the "chillest" party spot in the world. I wish I lived closer so I could go more often.

I wore my beachiest top and a pair of earrings made to look like coral, thinking this would be prefect for a beach party. Wrong. It was so chilly (in the other sense of the word). The birthday girl had a huge sweater that looked like it took an entire sheep to make, and I was very jealous of her.

Here's a close up of the earrings. I hope you can see them a little bit better. They are really cool. I don't often have a reason to wear them. I'll keep my fingers crossed I get invited to another beach party just to have an excuse to break them out.

Mmmm... Marshmallows. I love marshmallows.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

click resources Dolabuy Loewe check it out best replica designer browse around this web-site dolabuy ysl