Friday, December 9, 2011

Birthday Pie, Pizza Pie That Is


A few of us took a break in studying for finals in order to celebrate a friend's birthday at Pitfire Pizza. I wasn't sure if it could live up to Urbano in my eyes, but my verdict? They're both good, in different ways. Urbano has an incredible design and that oh-so-delicious spinach pizza. (Now that I'm thinking about it, I need to go back and get another one of those asap.) But Pitfire has a way way better pumpkin pizza! Instead of using the pumpkin as a tomato sauce replacement, Pitfire throws in chunks of pumpkin, pumpkin seeds, and pumpkin oil. Then they add in some braised chard and cover it all with a generous helping of Fontina. If you are a pumpkin-person, this is something you need to try before the end of the season!

Pitfire Pizza
108 W. 2nd St.
Los Angeles, CA 90012

No comments: