Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Debuting New Favorites at Mas Malo Happy Hour


Oh gosh. This dinner date was back in January. I've had a draft post saved for awhile, but I forgot to finalize it. So a few weeks ago, the bf and I went to Mas Malo (the downtown outpost from the owners of Malo in Silverlake) on a Saturday night. I hadn't been since right after it opened. So a second trip seemed long overdue. I liked Mas Malo the first time, but this second outing was much better. The food was about the same. The service was about the same. (Both just fine.) So what was the difference? We showed up during happy hour! Mas Malo is definitely far more worth your time at the discounted price. Since you have to order your chips and salsa a la carte, when most Mexican restaurants give them to you for free, slicing the price of the salsas in half takes the sting out of it. But the even better deal is the happy hour wines and sangria! I don't think I'd go back to Mas Malo again unless it is during the hours of 4-7.

PS: This is only tangentially related, but I debuted my new green Zara pumps at this dinner! I eyed these beauties all fall, but I held out until the winter sale. I was very proud of my restraint. It saved me $40! I also wore some of my favorite new pieces that I acquired over the holidays: a Splendid turtleneck from Anthropologie (found on sale while Christmas shopping for others), a teardrop shaped necklace that was a birthday gift from my friend Steph, and my new most favorite possession--my watch!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting blog combining your love for fashion with your love of food.
I personally liked it a lot !
Love,
Mom

Andrea Antoniou said...

love ur jumper, your blog is just lovely by the ways, keep up the good work because ill be visiting again very soon hehe :)

ENTER MY MADAME RAGE DRESS GIVEAWAY & GET $50 WORTH OF CLOTHES AT ASAP.COM ON MY BLOG!
http://haveapeekinsidemywardrobe.blogspot.com/
xxx