Monday, March 26, 2012

Trend: Polka Dots


I feel like its been awhile since polka dots were really trendy, but I am ready for them to make a comeback! I have a soft spot in my heart for large polka dots. When I was a senior in high school, I wore a mid-calf length, black-and-white, polka dotted, A-line dress to prom. I loved it. It was totally different than all the other prom dresses people wore that year. It wasn't floor length; it wasn't sparkly; and it didn't have any flowers, beads, lace, or other embellishments. It was a very classic and wise choice for my mere 18 years, and I've worn it several times since. But in the last 5 years, I'd entirely ditched polka dots in favor of stripes and, more recently, gingham. I am still loving my stripes and gingham, but in the past few weeks some stylish bloggers and the J.Crew catalog have convinced me I need to rework polka dots into the rotation! I'm loving the following . . .

J.Crew skirt, Anthropologie blouse (ok technically these are snails and not polka dots), Current Elliot jeans, and ASOS dress.

No comments: