Monday, January 23, 2012

Hotel Figueroa: a Moroccan Escape


Ooops! I just realized that it's January 2012, and I still have not shared the pictures I took of the Hotel Figueroa back in September 2011 when my parents stayed there. "A hotel?" you may be thinking, "Why do we need to see pictures of a hotel at all?" Well this hotel is pretty amazing. You would never guess that tucked between a couple of parking lots, a crappy car wash, and an even crappier Italian restaurant there is a Moroccan-themed oasis. The lobby transports you to another place, and the rooms (with actual room keys, not swipe cards!) transport you to another time. The coffin-shaped pool doesn't really transport you anywhere; it's just awesome.


PS: Of the hotels my parents have stayed in downtown, my mom also swears the Hotel Fig has the best beds!

Hotel Figueroa 
939 South Figueroa St.
Los Angeles, CA 90015

No comments: