Monday, January 23, 2012

Hotel Figueroa: a Moroccan Escape


Ooops! I just realized that it's January 2012, and I still have not shared the pictures I took of the Hotel Figueroa back in September 2011 when my parents stayed there. "A hotel?" you may be thinking, "Why do we need to see pictures of a hotel at all?" Well this hotel is pretty amazing. You would never guess that tucked between a couple of parking lots, a crappy car wash, and an even crappier Italian restaurant there is a Moroccan-themed oasis. The lobby transports you to another place, and the rooms (with actual room keys, not swipe cards!) transport you to another time. The coffin-shaped pool doesn't really transport you anywhere; it's just awesome.


PS: Of the hotels my parents have stayed in downtown, my mom also swears the Hotel Fig has the best beds!

Hotel Figueroa 
939 South Figueroa St.
Los Angeles, CA 90015

1 comment: