Monday, October 17, 2011

Cana: A Rum Bar and a Refuge

 

I have already, at the ripe old age of 26, grown too old and cranky for loud bars or trendy clubs. I still enjoy going out for drinks, but I am really picky about where. I want to be able to talk and hear my companions. I don't want to be forced pay $15+ for a glass of meh wine. I don't want mixed drinks made out of liquor that would be better used to strip paint. And I don't want to wait through terrible service. All of this explains why I love Cana so much. There's a $20 membership fee, so the boyfriend and I had been delaying checking it out for awhile. But recently we got the membership fee waived, and now I wish I had just paid the $20 a year ago and been enjoying it this entire time. It's always quiet during happy hour. The bartenders are talented, knowledgeable, and friendly. Delicious does not begin to describe the drinks. Oh and mojitos (some of the best ever) are only $6 from 6-8 pm. On top of meeting all of my criteria for a bar, Cana is also well decorate and has a secluded outdoor patio (which was quite a surprise considering the bar is hidden inside of a parking garage). You will probably be able to find me there at least once a week now. And I can bring 3 guests, so let me know if you want to come!

Cana Rum Bar
714 W. Olympic Blvd.
(but the entrance is actually on Flower just south of Olympic)
Los Angeles, CA 90014

1 comment:

Kalyn said...

Ahh! I totally want to go. I remember reading about this place in LA Magazine.