Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Anniversary Dinner at Arashi Sushi

I can't believe it took me until now to tell you about Arashi. It is Jeremy's and my sushi go-to in Downtown. We love their happy hour prices and their special rolls of their main menu. I think it puts Wokano and Takami (its nearest competitors) to shame. My parents got Jeremy a gift certificate for his birthday, and he very kindly shared it with me. So we went there for a laid back anniversary dinner since it was a Tuesday night. We got:
~ 2 spicy tuna and crab tempura rolls (only on the happy hour menu)
~ the Korean BBQ roll (avocado, cucumber, crab & BBQ short rib topped with eel sauce--I was so skeptical, but it was surprisingly good)
~ the Albacore Special roll (garlic albacore inside, topped with avocado, more albacore, and crispy onions)
~ the Screaming Roll (spicy scallops topped with yellowtail and jalapeno--my favorite!)

Like usual, I loved everything. I'm sure it will only be a few weeks before we're back again!

Arashi Sushi
1111 S. Hope St.
Los Angeles, CA 90015

No comments: