Monday, November 7, 2011

Taking a Page from Home of Michael Hainey and Brooke Cundiff

Images from The Selby.
Remember when The Selby blog was maybe the coolest place on the internet (at least for a certain sect)? Todd Selby was photographing everyone's home, even Karl Lagerfeld! Lately, even though Selby still gets great subjects, I have just not been as inspired by what these people have done with their homes. Michael Hainey and Brooke Cundiff's home caught my attention, though. A few details really stood out. The espresso maker for 2 and the China hutch-turned shoe closet were adorable quirks, but my favorite accent was the stacks of books found all over. I ran out of space on my bookshelves awhile ago, and this seemed like such an easy thing to do with the overflow. I can't believe I didn't think of it ages ago! Sometimes you just need a push to look at things a little differently.

No comments: