Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Are you excited for Fashion Week (Month)?

Illustration by Edwina White via New York Times.

I love the fall fashion shows. I think it is because the pieces shown at the fall shows are a more structured than at the spring shows. And I love an outfit with some nice structure in it. So time permitting, I'll be trying to keep up with the New York, London, Milan, and Paris fashion weeks.

The New York Times ran a piece yesterday on how the real trend in fashion shows might not be camel or wide leg pants but smaller, more intimate, more exclusive shows. We can thank Tom Ford for making big shows seem so last season. Although smaller shows mean I have less of a chance of ever attending (sigh), maybe it will also result in a cut in excess spending/planning so there is more money and time for the clothes (yay!). Or then again maybe all of that savings will just go to bigger after parties!

No comments: