Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Happy Chinese New Year!

This past Saturday, I attended my first Chinese New Years party. The host made some amazing Chinese food. I have never really made a foray into cooking Asian cuisines, but her egg tarts and sweet rice cakes (I think that is what they were) have motivated me to give it a try. They were absolutely fantastic. It took all my will power not to eat both plates before the rest of the guests arrived!

I wore one of my new J.Crew skirts to the party. I got this skirt right before Christmas when J.Crew's website was offering an additional 30% off their sale prices. It was such a steal. And it has pockets!

Worn with a gap tee (bought on sale), a sweater from Macy's (bought on sale), and a puffy vest (and also bought on sale) from the District Sample Sale in DC. I love puffy vests. I have 4 now, but my goal is to have one in every color eventually.

The well-worn coach purse was a gift from mom. The well-worn BCBG shoes were a gift to myself after a bad day at work a few years ago. I am still obsessed with their cut out heel.

No comments: