Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The less I behave like Whistler's mother the night before, the more I look like her the morning after...

Truer words were never spoken.

So after Erin and I moved to DC we had an apartment warming party to celebrate our independence from parents, college, homework, and awkward one night stands. We had lots of old friends come all the way down from wherever they were, and a handful of friends from DC swing by. I thought the party went really well. My opinion of the party might have had something to do with the fact that I drank the better half of the 2 cases of champagne we ordered, but in any case I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Erin's experience of the party was slightly less pleasant. Personally, I suspect it was because she didn't consume enough champagne, but she claims its because the DC portion of my acquaintances were being jerks. Theories aside, one bitch fight, a broken vase, and a lot of crying (on Erin's part) later, we woke up feeling... um... not awesome, but we had friends over who needed entertaining. What is a girl to do? Two words. Drunk. Brunch. Our weapon of choice on this particular morning: mimosas at Cafe Saint-Ex, the aviation themed cool kids bar.


I'll warn you ahead of time, the mimosas are a little pulpy. For those of you who are like me and only suffer through OJ to get to the booze, you might be better off with a kir royal (or just a shot - no one's judging). However, one thing Cafe Saint-Ex does not mess up is their food. We went with 4 friends, and not a single one of us didn't enjoy our meal. My one friend got some locally made sausages with her meal. They were greasy, flavorful, and sinfully delicious. Mmmm sausage. On nice days Saint-Ex's outside seating fills up uber fast, so we were unfortunately relegated to an inside table despite the gorgeous weather. My recommendation would definitely be to pop some Tylenol Migraine (that shit is hardcore) the second you wake up and drag your butt there before all the others who are looking for a little hair of the dog. But even if you get stuck inside, it'll still be a good time. Just look at Katie J and Lauren having a ball!


Side note: neither of these two lovely ladies looks anything like Whistler's mother, but I certainly did that morning which is why there is no picture of me.

No comments: