Thursday, June 7, 2012

Marz in South Pasadena



You know what I love? Knick knack stores. I looooove them. I can be really picky about what kind of knacks I actually buy, but I never get bored of wandering around just looking at them. In fact, I feel like I could start putting together a guide to knick knack stores across the country because I'm always on the look out for good ones. You know what's a good knick knack store in LA? Marz! I've only been twice, but it seems like the buyer keeps the place pretty updated with different themes, which is great; always something different! The theme for late spring/early summer is clearly inspired by Portlandia because Marz is putting a bird on it. And I realize birds stuff is a total hipster cliche now, but I don't care. I loved it all, especially the ostrich head vase and the bird oil paintings. I had to buy thank you cards though (Marz has great cards), so I didn't splurge for either since I was already getting the cards. I did however get a fantastic bird-themed knick knack, which I'll show you tomorrow along with my new suitcase-table!

PS: Here's a few shots of the fantastic fall-themed knicks knacks from my last trip to Marz. (Haha trip to Marz. I'm so punny.)

PPS: I included that chicken purse for you, Dad! Big enough to actually tote a chicken around in!

3 comments:

KCI said...

I LOVE knick-knack stores! My dad always describes shopping in those types of places by saying, "do you want to go pinch and poke at Marz?"

(and yes, I would love to go pinch and poke at Marz. with you.)

Missed you this past weekend at the Reunion, Cara! Hope all is well!

~Kate

Anonymous said...

The place is really cute, but please dont give your Dad ideas about a chicken purse because he'll have you picking it up for me!
Love,
Mom

The Search for J Street said...

Cutest phrase ever, Kate! Consider it stolen!