Friday, June 15, 2012

Happy Friday (Where I Reminisce about my CA Road Trip)



Can you believe it? Yesterday was my last post about things I did on my spring break road trip. I thought I would never get around to sharing it all! Looking back it was a pretty packed trip. After starting the trip in LA with baked goods from Trails and burgers from Umamicatessen, we napped on the beach and ate seafood in Santa Barbara. We drank wine and ate Danish delicacies in Solvang. We took a wrong turn and stumbled on upon the beautifully secluded Surf Beach. We spent hours gawking at the opulence of the Hearst Castle's interior and exterior. We fell in love with the food and culture in San Luis Obispo. Then we fell in love with the wines at the near by Paso Robles vineyard, J. Lohr. We took a time out to enjoy nature at Big Sur State Park. Then we took in the sights at Monterey and Carmel by the Sea, including 17 Mile Drive. We stopped at the Winchester Mystery House on the way up to Berkely (I couldn't take pictures there, but see some sneaky phone photos here). We made an impromptu exploration of Oxbow Public Market, and we also stopped at like every vista point on the way up the coast. Whoa! I am tired just remembering it all. Good thing its the weekend. What are you up to? Have I inspired you to get out and explore this weekend?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the way you posted these pictures. Great job!
We'll be seeing Willie Nelson tonight so a big Father's day evening for us.
Love,
Mom