Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Angel City Brewing: Beer + Art

I'm not a big beer drinker, but I am a big supporter of small businesses trying to turn around abandoned warehouses in downtown. So after having dinner at Lazy Ox, Jeremy and I swung by Angel City Brewing to see the place. Well Angel City had me at hello. First, parking was a cinch. Second, they had a nice wheat beer on tap for a cowardly beer drinker like me, and I thought it was pretty good. Not that my approval means a whole lot in the beer realm. Third (and most importantly), the brewery decorated those massive warehouse walls by hosting a street art exhibit. So you get the same cultural exposure as you would at MOCA except with a beer in hand and no docent yelling at you for snapping shots of the art.

This is going to be my go to spot for going out with friends. There is so much space to spread out. The music is not overpowering. A drink only costs you $5. And there's a slide! Despite what the note on the slide says, I witnessed someone climb up and slide down without getting kicked out of the place. So maybe that "no" sign is just part of the street art?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Slides were meant for sliding!