Monday, May 16, 2011

Lazy Ox Canteen

Another Staycation goal can be crossed off the list! I finished my last exam yesterday morning, and to celebrate the bf and I went out for a great Saturday night date at Lazy Ox Canteen. This was the 3rd week in a row I tried to get a Saturday reservation, and I finally they had something that wasn't 10 pm. Considering how good the food was, in the future I might take those 10 pm reservations if that's all they've got. Everything was outstanding. We split the ricotta fritters as an app. They were great, but I'd recommend it as dessert due to the saffron honey it came with. After, I got the artichokes with apples (complex) and the creamy polenta with mushrooms (rich and satisfying). Jeremy followed up with the Lazy Ox burger which was the.best.burger.EVER. The service was very nice too despite how busy everyone was. Food came out slow, but our waiter came to check on us several times to make sure we were ok. The overall experience was lovely, and I cannot wait to come back.

1 comment:

Ellinor Forje said...

Yes, to all the food in these photos. Thanks for sharing a brilliant post, and feel free to drop by me too.

Cheers.