Monday, March 28, 2011

The Grand Canyon through a Different Lense

My best friend (who owns an old film Nikon) always says that digital cameras got rid of the great photographers and gave us instead a bunch of good amateurs. Now whether that is true is certainly debatable, but when it comes to me, she's 100% right. I love photography, but I know nothing about it beyond how to work my point-and-shoot and the very limited editing programs I have on my computer. But sometimes I really like what I come up with, even if I have no idea how to achieve the same effect in a dark room. (Emphasis on the sometimes because you should see the hundreds of crappy photos that I trash.) Anyway these photos are my favorite edited images from the Grand Canyon. You can see some of them unedited (or less edited) in other posts. They may not be the work of a great photographer, but they make me happy.

Tomorrow I'll be moving to posting about something else. So fear not, if you are bored of looking at canyon pictures!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi! You left a comment wondering where Shareen's is located, the address is 1721 N. Spring St, 90012 so you can mapquest it. It's right outside Chinatown, kind of in the middle of no where. Let me know if you still have trouble finding it!

Tech Wiz said...

I love the contrast in these shots!