Sunday, March 20, 2011

Vintage Shopping in Los Feliz

I'm back from my hiking extravaganza! (Complete with sore calves and a new found appreciation for bathrooms with running water.) I have a million and one photos to post from my trips, but before I get to that I need to share some vintage shopping news.

I finally got around to checking out some vintage shops in Los Feliz. Two in particular, I would go back to in a heart beat: Squaresville and Weltenbuerger. They could not be more different, but each was fantastic in its own way. Squaresville (which I have no pictures from sadly) is one of those shops where everything is under $100, and if you look long enough, you will find a lot of hidden treasure. I found an amazing Pendleton sweater that I wish I had taken home since its freezing and rainy in LA right now. Weltenbuerger is the complete opposite. Clean. No clutter. Curated with a vision. Most of Weltenbuerger's pieces would probably not work in my wardrobe since they are very strong, but all the jackets I would have bought in a second. Great canvas and leather outerwear.

The above pictures are all from the Current Affair preview at Weltenbuerger. Current Affair is a pop-up shop, which I have been to twice now, and is coming back to downtown LA the weekend of April 2nd and 3rd! If you haven't been, its worth making the effort. There is always a good range of both merchandise and price. I've found something I loved each time I went. If this sparkly dress is not sold before the pop up shop, I might have to buy it when it comes downtown. It seems the perfect mix of casual/dressy for a summer night out on the town.

PS: How awesome is the vest in the first picture?! It is made from a sheep skin rug!

No comments: