Thursday, April 28, 2011

Dining and Culture and Shopping!

Although my friend Amy was only here for about a day and a half, we accomplished so much! I already talked about Villains Tavern and Church & State, but they were only the start. The next day we got up for an early brunch (we were the first table sat!) at Bottega Louie. I got the mini muffins, like always. They are so good and never get boring because the flavors regularly change. Then we went to the La Brea Tar Pit Museum, which is one of my favorites. It's got enormous/awesome dead animals and cute live animals (see turtles below) and is not too big so there's time to read all the plaques. After that we stared at tar bubbles for awhile and enjoyed Urban Lights at LACMA. By this point the day was only half way done!

After getting our dose of culture for the day we got lunch at Alcove. I tried something new - the turkey, cheddar, hummus sandwich. So so so good! I've been putting humus on all my sandwiches now. Then we went shopping at Steven Alan (where Amy got an adorable tunic) and browsed some of the boutiques in Silverlake. Finally we came back to the apartment for a quick dip in the pool and then got sausages at Wurstkuche for dinner. Phew. I am exhausted just remembering it all.

PS: How great is that electrical box painted to look like an outlet? I love that Silverlake does its best to dress up the ugly El Pollo Loco corner.

No comments: