Saturday, April 16, 2011

A Peak Inside the California Club

Image from the Wikipedia article on the California Club.
Do you know about the members-only social clubs in downtown Los Angeles? There's a few, but my favorites are the California Club and the Jonathan Club. I found out about them because I was obsessed with the architecture and adornments on the outside of these 2 buildings, so I googled them. Imagine my disappointment when I found out that I'd never see the inside (which I assumed was even more impressive) unless I somehow became very important overnight and was voted in. But luck shined on me because I was invited to a clerkship reception at the California Club last week. It was terribly gauche of me, but I couldn't resist snapping a few pictures of a room no one was using. I only wish I could have seen the rest of the club!

No comments: