Thursday, September 8, 2011

Autumn Inspiration: Apples

Images from various sources collected on my Autumn Pinterest.

After the changing leaves and pumpkins, crisp apples most put me in a fall mood. When I was a little girl, we used to go to an orchard down the road from our house called Milburn. We went on hay rides, got lost in their corn maze, and (of course) picked lots of applies. My favorite part of going to the orchard, though, is their apple cinnamon donuts. Normally I'd take a scone over a donut, but the exception to that rule is these donuts. They are so soft and flavorful, a perfect balance between sweet and savory. Not all crusty and over-sugared like many donuts. Every year I ask my mom to get me some during the fall and freeze them for me until I come home for Christmas.

PS: How cute are those apple candle holders?! I never thought of that, but I saw several examples on Pinterest. I'm going to try it out this fall. I'll let you know how it turns out!

No comments: