Friday, September 9, 2011

Autumn Inspiration: J. Crew's "Spetember Issue"

Magazine editorials can be innovative and thought provoking, but I have to admit that 90% of the time, I don't actually want to wear the looks produced in them. Whereas the styling in the J. Crew catalogs produce the opposite effect, 90% of the time I want to wear everything! I found the clothes in this issue of the catalog especially tempting because J. Crew is highlighting those things that I want to wear for fall the most:
  • neutral basic pieces (especially cashmere)
  • camel coats with knotted belts
  • simple wedge heels (I've been obsessed with these Pour la Victoire sold out heels so J. Crew's version could be a good alternative)
  • brown and grey boots
  • tweed everything (skirts, shorts, you name it)
  • blazers (I love J. Crew's 2 new style blazers, seriously I might max out my credit card buying them both in every color)
  • olive green everything
  • puffy jackets (I already have 4 because I love puffy jackets too, but now I cannot wait to get more and wear them with maxi skirts!)

2 comments: