Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Maxi Skirts in the Fall

 1) A look from NZFW - Juliette Hogan a/w '11/'12 - via Gary Pepper Vintage. 2) Liz from Late Afternoon in American Apparel and those Pour La Victoire Heels that I wish would come back into production. 3) Zanna Roberts Rassi, Senior Fashion Editor at Marie Claire via Citizen Couture.
As I mentioned last Friday, this weekend (despite my on-coming cold and semi-loss of voice), my boyfriend and I joined a few others at a beer garden in Silverlake before hitting a dive bar for a friend's birthday. Since it was the last day of a streak of weather in the 60s-70s, I wanted to embrace the cooler weather with a look that I'm becoming quite a fan of: fall appropriate maxi skirt outfits. I think this look works best with these pleated skirts, but since I do not have a pleated maxi skirt (or any maxi skirt), I used a maxi tube dress with the top rolled down to create a scrunchy waist band. Add a leather jacket and scarf, and the whole look was fall weather-ready!

PS: The post about the actual restaurant, which was adorably German, is coming up next.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like the maxi skirts!
Mom