Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Galco's - The Soda Pop Shop

What I bought: dry lavender soda, fizzy grapefruit lemonade, fizzy peach lemonade, fizzy rose lemonade, fizzy pomegranate lemonade, boysenberry soda, mulberry soda, and strawberry/lime soda.
I feel like I should be the expert on LA when people come to visit my boyfriend and I, but over the summer my boyfriend had a guest who showed him a thing or two about our adopted neighborhood, which he promptly showed me. Now I'm sharing it with you. A must see when you visit this town is Galco's soda pop shop. It's on a "transitional" stretch of road in Eagle Rock, and it looks like a rundown, independent grocery store from the outside. But the inside is like an all liquid-version of Willy Wonka's factory. There are endless types of soda, beers, and miscellaneous malt beverages that you've never heard of. As a girl who doesn't drink soda, let me tell you, there is definitely something for everyone. I stocked up on a number of things, but my favorites were the flavored, fizzy lemonades. My boyfriend loves all the root beers and birch beers. And we both loved selection of interesting and unusual alcohol. I cannot wait to go back next month and stock up on all the rare pumpkin beers that they're sure to have!

Galco's
5702 York Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90042