Monday, September 19, 2011

Dim Sum at New Capital Seafood

I had never had (or even heard of) dim sum before I moved to LA. I was so uncultured in Asian cuisine! Now I can't imagine living in a world without sticky pork buns! I recently went with a few friends to this place - New Capital Seafood - in San Gabriel for Sunday brunch. Here, I would recommend going with someone who speaks Cantonese or Mandarin because, although the employees speak English, they are definitely hesitant to do so. The food is the standard dim sum fare (radish cake, various shrimp and pork dumplings, chicken feet), and it is good across the board. For an experience more friendly to the novice dim sumer, I'd recommend Empress Pavilion in Chinatown. There is much more English spoken. Another plus is that they have tons more options at Empress Pavilion, so you are sure to find something you like!

New Capital Seafood                          Empress Pavilion
140 W Valley Blvd                       988 N Hill St, Ste 201
San Gabriel, CA 91776            
Los Angeles, CA 90012

No comments: