Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Autumn Inspiration: Flashback


Up until now, my flashback posts have not had any theme. The pictures just make me smile. But these pictures not only made me smile, they also made me want to re-experience fall as I did when I was a kid: playing in the cool air, jumping in piles of leaves, dressing up as something fun (not skanky) for Halloween, craving pumpkins, and eating the seeds.

PS: How chic is my mom's 80s style? Jeans, a red sweater over a button down, a knotted scarf, aviators, and a camel colored bag. And an oversized sweater with slim cut jeans. I wear that kind of stuff today!

5 comments:

Ryan Schmidt said...

She still wears those things today too. Thanks for putting the flashback pictures up Cara. They made me smile.

Jeremy said...

I know where someone developed their love for wearing my oversized sweaters . . .

The Search for J Street said...

Haha yeah! I guess the oversized sweater look runs in the family. I'm glad the flashback posts are enjoyed :)

Anonymous said...

WOW! I just want to say I totally enjoyed those pictures. And, by the way, you two are SO lucky to have such a fashion conscious Mom

The Search for J Street said...

Thanks! I'm pretty inspired by her!